Please note as of 9th January 2017
- Repeat prescriptions can be ordered by:Internet - at any time (this can be done at your own convenience)
- Visiting the Hedon surgery and placing your repeat prescription slip in the red box which is situated on the dispensary corridor or handing in the repeat slip at the Keyingham branch surgery. (please mark clearly the items you require (this may not be all of them at the same time)
- Sending the repeat slip to us by post
- Via your community pharmacy if your prescription is usually dispensed by them
To register for secure internet ordering please speak to a receptionist who will be happy to assist you. You will be required to provide proof of identity in order set up a password. There is a link to internet ordering on our home page.
Our Practice policy is to request at least 48 hours’ notice to enable the dispensary team to process your prescription and medication.
The dispensary box is emptied at 12.00 noon every day.
Internet requests are accessed at 12.00 noon every day.
Please be aware that it is 48 hours from noon on the day your prescription is put in the box or processed from your internet request. For example if you put your request in the red box at 10.00am on a Monday it will not be available until after 12.00 noon on a Wednesday.
The 48 hours does not include………Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holidays.
Further to the above we also request 72 hours to process your repeat medication requests before and after the Bank Holidays, especially at Easter and Christmas.
All our repeat prescriptions are under regular review so from time to time you will be requested to see one of the Doctors or Nurses before a further prescription can be issued. This is because many medicines require regular reviews to ensure their greatest benefit. The due date will be on your repeat order slip.
Please also note (also as of 9th January 2017): the dispensary telephone line will be available from 9.30 – 12.30 for queries only. Please see above regarding repeat prescription ordering.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Patients living more than a mile from a Pharmacy are able to obtain their medicines from our Dispensary. We also arrange for the home delivery of medicines for the elderly and those patients with transport difficulties. Please speak to dispensary for further details.
Patients who live in Hedon, Thorngumbald, Bilton and some parts of Preston will have to obtain their medication from a Pharmacy as regulations do not allow us to dispense to them.
Prescriptions are available free of charge for the following:-
- Patients under 19 if in full-time education
- Mothers who have had a baby in the last 12 months
- Patients receiving Income Support, Family Credit, Disabled Pension
- Patients aged 60 and over
- Certain medical conditions qualify for exemption
Patients who need a number of prescriptions and who have to pay for them may find it worthwhile to purchase a “Season Ticket”. Details regarding this can be obtained from leaflet P11, available at the Dispensary, Chemist, Post Office, or D.S.S. Offices.
All patients claiming free prescriptions or who have a pre-payment certificate will be asked to supply proof of their exemption from payment.