Welcome to Hedon Group Practice
"Quality healthcare for our community"
Hedon Group Practice is a well established practice which has grown over the years to provide a wide range of quality healthcare for the population of South Holderness. We are situated in the centre of the East Yorkshire market town of Hedon.
We are an established training practice with a large team of experienced doctors, nurses and allied health professionals committed to providing a wide variety of services. Further details can be found in the relevant page 'Clinics and Services' at the top left of this page.
The practice is situated partly within the historic Grade 2 listed 'Market Hill House', and those familiar with the practice will be aware that over time the building has been extensively extended to accommodate additional staff and facilities. We have just completed a major first floor extension which provides additional consulting rooms and new training facilities.
Our branch surgery is situated approximately 4 miles east of Hedon in the village of Keyingham, and a range of surgeries and clinics are provided there, in addition to dispensing services.
Statement of Intent
NHS England require practices to promote and offer the facility to enable patients to have detailed coded online access to their medical records, test results, immunisations, appointments, prescriptions, allergies and adverse reactions by 31 March 2016. The practice has this in place already with Patient Access.
Below are a couple of posters which will help you decide if you require a Doctor appointment.
The Minor Injuries Units offer fast and convenient treatment for less serious injuries.
- wounds and abrasions
- cuts/wounds that require closure using sutures, steri-strips or tissue adhesive
- burns and scalds
- removal of soft tissue foreign bodies and splinters
- muscle and joint injuries e.g sprains, strains and contusions
- suspected fractures/breaks
- animal and human bites and insect stings
- eye injuries/conditions e.g removal of foreign body, corneal abrasion
- healthcare advice, information and direction to local services
Local Minor Injuries Units are listed below:
- East Riding Community Hospital, Swinemoor Lane, Beverley, HU17 0FA
- Telephone 01482 886600
- Opening times: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, Weekends and Bank Holidays 9am to 6pm
- Alfred Bean Hospital, Driffield, Bridlington Road, Driffield, YO25 5JT
- Telephone 01377 208733
- Opening times: 7 days a week including Bank Holidays 9am to 6pm
- Withernsea Community Hospital, Queen Street, Withernsea, HU19 2QB
- Telephone 01964 614666
- Opening times: Monday to Friday including Bank Holidays 9am to 5pm
- Bransholme Minor Injuries Unit, Goodhart Lane, Hull, HU7 4DW
- Telephone 01482 344665
- Opening times: 7 days a week including Bank Holidays 9am to 10pm
(Site updated 14/07/2017)